Easily create, scale, and manage kubernetes clusters
Deis is an open source private Platform as a Service (PaaS) that simplifies deploying and managing your applications on your own servers. By leveraging technologies such as Docker and CoreOS, Deis provides a workflow and scaling features that are similar to that of Heroku, on the hosting provider of your choice. Deis supports applications that can run in a Docker container and can run on any platform that supports CoreOS.
Deis components consume approximately 2 - 2.5GB of memory across the cluster, and approximately 30GB of hard disk space. Because each machine should be able to absorb additional load should a machine fail, each machine must have:
- At least 4GB of RAM (our t1.small is perfect for this.)
- At least 40GB of hard disk space
️ Note: these estimates are for Deis and CoreOS only, and there should be ample room for deployed applications.
What build processes does Dies support?
You have the option of the following three deployment options:
- Buildpacks: Heroku buildpacks are useful if you want to follow Heroku’s best practices for building applications or if you are porting an application from Heroku. Learn how to use deploy applications on Deis Using Buildpacks.
- Dockerfiles: Dockerfiles are a powerful way to define a portable execution environment built on a base OS of your choosing. Learn how to use deploy applications on Deis Using Dockerfiles.
- Docker Images: Deploying a Docker image onto Deis allows you to take a Docker image from either a public or a private registry and copy it over bit-for-bit, ensuring that you are running the same image in development or in your CI pipeline as you are in production. Learn how to use deploy applications on Deis Using Docker Images.