Locations, certifications, & speed tests for our global data centers.
What's the difference between "Core" and "Edge"?
Packet has two types of facilities: Core and Edge. All locations feature our entire software / automation platform and network topology. Everything that you can do from an automation and networking perspective is the same across all locations.
The only difference is inventory. In our edge locations we stock a more limited number of configurations (currently a single "x1.small.x86"), and we don't have block storage at the edge sites.
Note: all sites are available for Private Deployments, which allow you to customize configurations in private racks on a commitment.
Where is each data center located? Do you have a speedtest?
You can access various speedtest and ping url's from this central page on our website.
- EWR1 is located in Parsippany, New Jersey.
- SJC1 is located in Sunnyvale, California.
- DFW2 is located in Dallas, Texas.
- AMS1 is located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- NRT1 is located in Tokyo, Japan.
- SEA1 is located in Seattle, Washington.
- LAX1 is located in Los Angeles, California.
- DFW1 is located in Dallas, Texas.
- ORD1 is located in Chicago, Illinois.
- ATL1 is locate in Atlanta, Georgia.
- IAD1 is located in Ashburn, Virginia.
- YYZ1 is located in Toronto, Canada.
- MRS1 is located in Marseille, France.
- DUB1 is located in Dublin, Ireland.
- SIN1 is located in Singapore.
- SIN1 is located in Singapore.
- HKG1 is located in Hong Kong, China.
- SYD1 is located in Sydney, Australia.
Does Packet own its facilities?
While Packet is a leading force in the cloud market, we are not a real estate development firm.
As such, we lease large amounts of space and power from colocation providers (read about our selection process and grab our RFP template).
What kind of certifications do Packet data centers have?
While we do not offer PCI compliant hosting and rarely sign BAAs, we are deeply committed to security best practices. As such, a lot of our customers want to know about the certification status of each of our facilities.
We rent large amounts of colocation space from Tier 1 providers like Equinix and Interxion, and each of our data centers have been certified to national and/or international security standards.
- EWR1 is SSAE16 & SOC certified, plus HIPAA, HITECH & PCI DSS 3.0 compliant.
- SJC1 is in process for SOC certification.
- AMS1 is ISO 27001, ISO 22301, and ITIL v3 certified.
- NRT1 is new and in process for SSAE16 SOC-1 Type ll, ISO/IEC 27001: 2013.
- SEA1 is SSAE16 SOC-1 Type II and SOC-2 Type II certified. Plus ISO 27001 compliant.
- LAX1 is SSAE16 SOC-1 Type II and SOC-2 Type II. Plus ISO 27001 compliant.
- DFW1 is SSAE16 SOC-1 Type II and SOC-2 Type II certified. Plus ISO 27001 compliant.
- ORD1 is SSAE16 SOC-1 Type II and SOC-2 Type II certified. Plus ISO 27001 compliant.
- ATL1 is SSAE16 SOC-1 Type II and SOC-2 Type II certified. Plus ISO 27001 compliant.
- IAD1 is SSAE16 SOC-1 Type II and SOC-2 Type II certified. Plus ISO 27001 compliant.
- YYZ1 is SSAE 16/ISAE 3402 and SOC-1 Type II certified.
- FRA1 is ISO/IEC 27001, ISO 22301, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 50001 certified. Plus PCI DSS compliant.
- SIN1 is SSAE16/ISAE3402 SOC-1 Type II and ISO 27001 certified. Plus PCI-DSS compliant.
- HKG1 is SSAE16/ISAE3402 SOC-1 Type II certified and ISO 27001 compliant.
- SYD1 is SSAE16/ISAE3402 SOC-1 Type II certified. Plus ISO 27001 and PCI-DSS compliant.
Have a special concern or business need? We can often accommodate this with a private deployment or other approach. Be sure to get in touch!