Learn how use Containership to deploy, automated & scale your apps on Packet
Containership is hosted service that promises a "single pane of glass for all of your infrastructure needs." Deploy, scale, and manage your apps instantly, anywhere.
ContainerShip gives you the simplicity & scalability of a PaaS while running on Packet deployment. With built-in load balancing, service discovery, snapshots, volume management, 50+ marketplace applications, and more, ContainerShip makes environment management and scaling easier than ever before.
Features We Love
- Built in LB
- Volume management
- Ease of use (e.g scaling)
Setting up Packet as Provider
Managing your Packet infrastructure via Containership is a breeze - simply add Packet as an infrastructure provider in your Containership account. You'll need:
- Containership account (sign up here).
- Your Packet API Key (create one here).
- You should also be sure to add your SSH key to your Packet account.
️ A GitHub or BitBucket account required to create a Containership account.
Once logged into your Containership account, click 'Create Cluster' then choose Packet as your provider.
Make sure you have your Packet API key handy as it will prompt you to input it:
Deploy Packet Infrastructure from Containership
The Containership UI is great, and you'll just need to follow the same steps with Packet as you would with any other infrastructure provider you have connected into your Containership account. The basics are:
- Choose your orchestration framework (Containership or Kubernetes)
- Choose your region & upon region selection, choose which project.
- Fill in the options: project name, OS (by default it's Ubuntu) & SSH key.
- Select the leader and follower instances, and how many of each.
For further assistance, please check the following resources:
Announcements & Blog posts:
- Packet Blog Post: Announcing integration with Containership
- Containership Blog Post: Packet.net Integrated with ContainerShip